Out of Town

We moved 1000 miles away from our friends and family and just had a new baby....

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Greatest Invention Ever

As I am typing, my lovely daughter is asleep. She is a little older than 6 weeks now and is a wonderful baby (b'li ayin hara). One of the things I love about her is that she loves to cuddle. She wants to be held all the time, and I love to hold her, so it is a match made in heaven. But how can I work, cook, or do anything else if she wants to be held constantly? Well, the answer is The Moby Wrap. It is a piece of fabric that is about 20 feet long that you can wrap around your body and fit the baby into it in a variety of ways. So far, Sima really likes the newborn hug hold
and occasionally the regular hug hold. But the greatest thing about this, is she can be held like she wants, I can hold her, like I want, but I can still have 2 free hands. She falls to sleep almost instantly when I put her in it and I can even nurse her in it (theoretically).

If anyone has friends who are expecting, it is the greatest gift ever. I received mine as a gift, and I can't tell you how grateful I am to the person who sent it. I also have a Baby Bjorn, which is great as well, but not as snuggly as the wrap. The Baby Bjorn is fine for the mall, but the wrap is way better for around the house. Also, when it is cold out, she stays protected and warm in the wrap, since I can keep her completely covered and she is pressed against my body, which really keeps her warm. In the sun it is great also because the fabric is light enough that she and I do not roast, but I can keep her head out of the sun. I think my husband will prefer the Baby Bjorn however, especially in public. The wrap makes me look a little like an Indian villager, a look I think is charming, but might be a little embarrassing for a man....

For those of you who don't want to click through to the site, here is what the wrap looks like on. (NOTE: this is NOT me...)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home