Out of Town

We moved 1000 miles away from our friends and family and just had a new baby....

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 4

Last night was so much fun. Our friends came over with their kids and his parents. We made pizzas and everyone had a great time. I made 4 big pizzas and a little one for my 4 year old who doesn't like sauce :). I still had dough left over (enough for about 2 more pizzas) that I saved for another time.

Our friends brought a big Caesar salad, some toppings (green pepper, red onions and green olives) and fruit for dessert. We were all very stuffed and there was enough left over for the kids to take for lunch today.

Since starting the meal planning, my days have gone so much easier. I have a plan of what to do when we get home.

Even though it was a big night last night, with a big mess, I got the kitchen 90% clean last night and the dining room about 70% done, so not too bad. Tonight when I get home I am going to start cooking for Shabbos (meatballs, rice, green beans, kugel). We might end up with guests, so we'll see...the menu might change. And we got invited out for Shabbos lunch, so I am going to make a big taco salad (romaine lettuce, 2 cans of corn, a can of black beans, a can of pinto beans, cherry tomatos, a bunch of green onions, black olives, some cilantro and/or parsley, and grilled chicken. Then I serve avocado and jalapeƱos on the side. Yummy and very filling.

We are almost done with our first week. A nice plus is also going to be that Friday afternoon cleanup is going to be pretty easy.

My only worry is how to deal with Saturday night clean up. It is hard for me to be motivated after Shabbos to clean up right away, but if I don't, Sunday will be terrible. I guess I just need to get it done right away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home